Careers and Internships
A career or internship with Copper Beech Institute is an opportunity to be part of a new and growing non-profit organization devoted to mindfulness and contemplative practice. If you’re interested in meaningful work that also supports your personal growth, Copper Beech may be a place where you can find both.
We currently don’t have any paid positions available but would love for you to consider our volunteer and internship positions below.
Our volunteer internships offer valuable training and exposure for students of health and wellness, information technology, marketing, graphic design, non-profit management, spirituality, psychology and other related areas of study.
Internship responsibilities are flexible and can be crafted to meet both the needs of the Institute and the learning goals of the intern, whether for independent study or to meet the credit requirements of a college-level internship program. Our internships are unpaid.
To apply for an internship, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “Internship Application” in the email subject line.
Now Hiring: Marketing & Media Internship
The Copper Beech Institute seeks creative, joyful, and meticulously detail-oriented Marketing & Media Interns to support its expanding programming. This position provides opportunities to shape the direction of this vibrant nonprofit organization by working closely with our staff, including the Creative Marketing Coordinator, Blog Editor, and Executive Director. While this internship is unpaid, there are many opportunities to receive excellent practical experience and the ability to attend our retreats free of charge during the time of your internship, provided you help with them logistically. Start date, length of internship, and weekly hours are negotiable.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualities:
-Familiarity with mindfulness practice
-Passion for yoga and/or meditation a plus
-Knowledge of marketing digital tools and techniques
-In school working towards a BA/BS degree or with equivalent working experience in marketing and/or media
• Assist with social media efforts and local listings including posting updates on Facebook, Instagram, etc. in relevance to our program calendar
• Manage and maintain media contact list
• Assist with website maintenance and content management tasks
• Assist with mailings, distribution of event fliers
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office
• Assist in the creation of e-newsletters and writing marketing messages
• Assist in creating concise, accurate and informative email blasts for upcoming events
• Event preparation, distribution of fliers, postcards, and other promotional materials
• Assisting in creating and executing a marketing plan for retreats and programs
• Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
• Updating the website and helping with the Awaken Everyday blog's maintenance
• Writing and sending information and press releases to various media
• Writing and designing bi-weekly mass e-mail messages
• Creating and managing social media messages
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Internet abilities and strong communication skills, written and oral
• Advanced word processing skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word
• Experience with detail‐driven projects, preferably in a marketing/media department
• Basic understanding of marketing/communication tools and techniques a plus
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines
• Ability to proofread
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Flexible and proactive in taking on assignments and responsibilities, and willingness to learn
• Photography skills and graphic design knowledge a plus
If interested, please contact:
Dr. Brandon Nappi, Executive Director, email@example.com // 860.760.9750
Other Volunteer Opportunities
We offer numerous ways for volunteers to contribute to our retreats and general operations. Learn more about our volunteer opportunities.