Professional, Disclosure Form & General Release
The following information will help you get the most out of your retreat and clarify our role as teachers and facilitators.
1. All contemplative teachers at Copper Beech Institute have completed a thorough professional training instruction. Yoga, meditation and all contemplative practice is a way of encountering and releasing physical, mental, and emotional tensions to arrive at deeper levels of relaxation and awareness.
2. All exercise programs including Yoga involve a risk of injury. By choosing to participate in a retreat at Copper Beech Institute, you voluntarily assume a certain risk of injury.
3. It is always advisable to consult your physician before embarking on any exercise program. If you are unsure about a condition, please speak to the teacher or a staff member.
4. Awareness is fundamental to any contemplative practice. It is your responsibility as a student to monitor each activity and determine whether it is appropriate for you to participate. Though your teacher will be present to support you, you remain primarily responsible for your safety and well-being.
5. As professionals, teachers at Copper Beech Institute are responsible for providing competent instruction. They are not responsible for ensuring the safety of students beyond providing competent instruction. By signing this form, you hereby release Copper Beech Institute from any and all liability for injuries that are not directly and proximately caused by teachers’ professional negligence.
6. Photographs may be taken today. You give Copper Beech Institute the absolute right and permission to use such photograph(s) in its promotional materials and publicity efforts, such as print publications, social media, advertising, direct-mail piece, electronic media, or other form of promotion for Copper Beech Institute. You release Copper Beech Institute, the photographer, their offices, employees, agents, and designees from liability for any violation of any personal or proprietary right you may have in connection with such use.