Contemplative Fellowships for Education Professionals
In partnership with Copper Beech Institute, Hemera's Contemplative Fellowships for Educators (CFE) program supports educators’ growth through contemplative practice. Through retreats individuals can cultivate mindfulness, compassion, personal well-being, and professional efficacy, and, in turn, embody and apply these qualities to promote positive school cultures.
The CFE program provides retreat scholarship support to people who currently work full-time in pre-K or K-12 education, or are enrolled in a Master’s degree program in education. Administrators, school social workers, school psychologists, and para-professionals may apply for a scholarship as well as teachers of all grades. The long-term vision of these fellowships is that they become the basis for an ever-expanding community of educators whose lives and teaching are informed and supported by contemplative practice.
- Those who are new to meditation or have never attended a retreat longer than a weekend are eligible for 100% funding.
- Those with previous meditation retreat experience are eligible for 50% support, with need-based support available beyond that.
- Those in financial need are eligible for 100% funding.
- If you can comfortably pay for any portion of the program, you are welcome to do so, as this will allow funding to be spread among more people.
- Financial support is limited to attendance at one retreat per year at Copper Beech Institute.
Please note: If you are awarded a fellowship, you are committing to attend the retreat for which you are applying. Should you need to cancel your fellowship for any reason, you must notify Copper Beech Institute immediately at 860-760-9750. Cancellations may result in forfeiting your eligibility for a Hemera Fellowship for the following year.
How to Apply
- To apply for a scholarship, please complete and submit a Fellowship Application Form by clicking the Apply button below before registering for the program you wish to attend. You will need to create an account and pay an application fee of $5. Please note your retreat of interest on the application form.
- You will be notified if your application has been accepted within four weeks of your application date. Most requests are granted in part or in full as funding is available.
- Once your fellowship is granted, you will receive an email with registration instruction. You do not need to register for the retreat prior to your award notification.
By applying for a Hemera Fellowship, you agree to allow your contact information to be shared with Hemera Foundation.
Eligible Education Fellowship Retreats
All Copper Beech programs eligible for fellowships can be viewed in the carousel below. Please click the arrow button to see more programs.