IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
In a world of increasing distress and disruption, what is the use of mindfulness in education? Join us for a weekend retreat devoted to the practice of compassion-based mindfulness for self-care and for the work of equity, inclusion, and mindful social justice in education. Together we’ll form a community of learning and practice, exploring ways to bring presence and compassion for self and others into difficulties we face on personal, interpersonal, and systemic levels. We’ll explore ways to create spaces for inclusive and community-based work to address and repair harm as the need arises.
This retreat provides educators with practical exposure to mindfulness tools as well as an evidence-based framework for understanding the impact of mindfulness. It fosters a mindfulness practice that is personally and professionally transformative. It is intended for those seeking to enrich and revitalize their relationship in education and systems change.
Upon completing this retreat, educators will be better equipped to:
· Cultivate personal well-being and community-care, utilizing practices for developing presence, resilience, equanimity and joy
· Bridge Ivory Tower to Main Street by translating and applying modern-day academic research to the accessibility of the self-help movement on Main Street
· Understand and explore a mindfulness-based pedagogical paradigm based on self-awareness, conscious communication and compassion
· Learn trauma-informed, evidence-based tools, particularly in work with vulnerable, marginalized, and underserved students
· Understand and more skillfully work with stress and trauma in students, teachers, and communities
· Open and hold an equity and inclusion lens by integrating culturally responsive practices
· Engage in ongoing commitment to improvement and data-driven decision-making.
Regardless of level of previous experience, and whatever your background or heritage, we welcome and look forward to being with you for this special retreat.
Tuition is $250 plus accommodations.
Commuter - $75
Private Room, Hall Bath - $225
Private Room, Private Bath - $500
June 28, 2019 05:00 PM
June 30, 2019 01:00 PM
Copper Beech Institute
303 Tunxis Road
West Hartford, CT, 06107 Map It >