IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
“Just as air is in the light of the sun, and the light of the sun is in the air—so too is God constantly in the being of the soul.”
These words from the 14th century Flemish mystic, Jan van Ruusbroec, serve to guide this retreat. Ruusbroec's description of our relationship with God is not something any of us needs to acquire. It only needs to be realized. Through self-forgetful release into the practice of contemplation, the illusion of separation from God is dispelled. We become so silent before God that any distance from God drops away.
- Through silent prayer, conferences and discussion, we shall consider such things as:
- The subtle difficulties we meet in something so simple as stillness
- What interior skills develop as our practice deepens
- The relationship between mindfulness and contemplative prayer
- The profound role played by the contemplative with depression and anxiety
These and other concerns will be the focus of this graced time to be in silence together.
Tuition is $150 plus accommodations.
December 08, 2017 05:00 PM
December 10, 2017 01:00 PM
Copper Beech Institute
303 Tunxis Road
West Hartford, CT, 06107 Map It >