IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
This day retreat is for seekers who have given their lives to the search for wisdom and sacred belonging. Regardless of background, age, or whether or not we are affiliated with a formal religious tradition, our souls long for peace, compassion, and connection.
This day retreat will explore the challenge and opportunity of living a spiritual life in our contemporary world. Drawing on several sacred traditions, poetry, and the enchanting harp music of Marcie Swift, we will explore the following questions:
· What is spirituality and how is it different from religion?
· How can mindfulness practice be a spiritual practice?
· How can I draw upon the perennial wisdom of many sacred traditions in living a spiritual life?
· How can I share spiritual values with family and friends in an authentic way?
· What are the common pitfalls to be aware of in the spiritual life?
The day will include laughter, storytelling, lecture, mindfulness practice, a guided labyrinth walk, small group conversation, free time, and the sounds of the harp. Bring a journal.
Tuition is $125.
October 20, 2018 10:00 AM
October 20, 2018 05:00 PM
Copper Beech Institute
303 Tunxis Road
West Hartford, CT, 06107 Map It >