Approved for 27 Hours of Continuing Education Credits
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
Mindfulness is a way of learning to relate directly to whatever is happening in your life. It is a way of taking charge of your life, a way of doing something for yourself that no one else can do for you – consciously and systematically working with your own stress, pain, illness, and the challenges and demands of everyday life. Restoring within yourself a balanced sense of well-being requires increased awareness of all aspects of self, including body and mind, heart and soul. Mindfulness-based stress reduction is intended to ignite this inner capacity and infuse your life with awareness.
This program addresses the needs of those interested in taking the MBSR 8-Week program with others, but are unable to physically attend the in person program or simply prefer to attend virtually. The entire course is delivered live through video conferencing. Rather than meeting in-person, participants engage with the teacher and interact with one another through their computer during class time, and for home assignments and practice.
Mandatory Orientation: Thursday, April 25, 6:00-8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time, GMT -5 hours)
Class Dates: Thursdays, May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, June 6, 13, 20
Class Time: 6:00-8:30 p.m. (Eastern Time, GMT -5 hours), with the first class extended by a half hour and last class by one hour
All Day Retreat: Sunday, June 9, 2019, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time, GMT -5 hours) Please note the all-day class also takes place live online.
To join the live, virtual session, a link and specific instructions will be provided and sent to you before the class is scheduled.
Please note the following requirements for participating in the live online course:
- You are comfortable using your computer.
- You have an up-to-date computer with speakers, microphone, web cam, and high-speed internet connection.
- A headset with a microphone can be helpful (vs. using the microphone and speakers on the computer).
- You can use a Mac or a PC, and most any browser is fine. Mobile devices like iPhones and iPads are not a good substitute. A laptop or desktop computer is needed.
As a first step toward enrollment in the Course in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, we conduct a pre-program Orientation Session before the start of class. This Orientation Session is required of all participants before beginning the program. During this session you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and explore whether it is right for you
- Experience, first-hand, mindfulness methods and approaches you will be learning during the program
- Meet with your program instructor for a brief, informal conversation about MBSR
At the conclusion of the orientation, if you and your instructor discern that the MBSR course is a good fit for you, the balance of your registration is due. If you choose to withdraw, your full $100 deposit will be refunded.
$650 for household income of $50,000+
$575 for household income of $40-$49K
$475 for household income of $39K & under
If you would like to retake this course we are pleased to offer a 30% discount to returning students.
Visit our MBSR page for more details and benefits >
April 25, 2019 06:00 PM
June 20, 2019 08:30 PM
Live, Online Web Conferencing
Map It >