IDEAL FOR: Yoga Teachers
This course is approved for 14 hours of Continuing Education Credit through Yoga Alliance
Many yoga teachers are looking for ways to introduce meditation into their yoga classes in a more in-depth and transformational way for students. This special 2-day retreat is designed to help yoga teachers learn how to integrate meditation into their yoga teaching and personal practice. The training will provide a practical approach to incorporating mindfulness into yoga classes, yoga therapy sessions, and private sessions. Participants will receive interactive instruction on the underlying theoretical, philosophical and psychological foundations of meditation, experiential learning including ample practice time, and teaching opportunities.
This training includes the following learning objectives:
- Participants will learn the underlying roots of mindfulness meditation from Yogic, Buddhist, Judeo-Christian traditions
- Participants will be able to define mindfulness, mindfulness meditation, and mindfulness-based practices.
- Participants will be able to identify the benefits of meditation practices from stress reduction, evolutionary, and neuroscience models.
- Participants will practice different forms of mindfulness meditation including awareness of breath, seated meditation, walking meditation, and body scan.
- Participants will learn to incorporate mindfulness practices into their yoga classes.
Please Note: This is a two-day training program. Lunch and snacks will be provided both days. Please contact email@example.com if accommodations will be needed.
Two Day Training
Mindfulness, Movement, Training
June 27, 2020 10:00 AM
June 28, 2020 05:00 PM
Copper Beech Institute
303 Tunxis Road
West Hartford, CT, 06107 Map It >