IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
On the surface, religions appear separate, unique, and mutually exclusive. At their heart, they share a common truth and perennial wisdom:
- Each life is an expression of a nondual process called Ultimate Reality, God, Tao, Mother, Allah, YHVH, Dharmakaya, Brahman, Nature, Great Spirit, etc.
- All humans have an innate capacity to awaken as ultimate reality.
- Awakening as ultimate reality carries with it an ethic of interdependence calling us to cultivate compassion and justice toward all beings.
- Awakening to ultimate reality and living this ethic is humanity’s highest goal.
Using a mixture of chanting, passage meditation, self–inquiry, lovingkindness practice, and contemplative study, Rabbi Rami will help us explore through five existential questions:
1. Who am I?
2. Where did I come from?
3. Where am I going (when I die)?
4. How shall I live?
5. And why?
Our goal is to cultivate a personal practice for awakening and ethical living that can be done within or without the context of a religion.
This retreat is co-sponsored with Mercy By the Sea. Tuition is $250 plus accommodations.
May 04, 2018 05:00 PM
May 06, 2018 01:00 PM
Mercy By the Sea
167 Neck Road
Madison, CT, 06443 Map It >